Born April 2nd, 1966, Bhopal
Education : Masters in Botany, with specialization in Forest Ecology, 1989
Learnt Pottery under Daroz,P.R. ; Bharat Bhavan, Bhopal 1987-90
Diploma in Museology, Bhopal University, 1992
At present: Museum Associate & Head, Ceramics Section, Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalay Bhopal
- Skins of Water, Curated group show, Gallery Hermitage, Mumbai 2003
- All India Teracotta and Ceramic Exhibition, Bharat Bhavan, Bhopal 2003
- Shadows, solo show, Nazar Art Gallery Vadodara 1997
- Shadows ii, solo show Alliance de Francaise Gallery, Bhopal 1997
- Form Flora, solo show, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai 1998
- Animals of the Earth, group show, Triveni, New Delhi 2000
- Tea Party, group show, national Art Gallery, Mumbai 2000
- Earthling Manna, group show, Ceramic Images Gallery, Bangalore 1997
- New Waves in ceramic design, International Ceramic Festival Mino, Japan 1996
- Ceramics from Bharat Bhavan, group show, Vadhera, New Delhi 1996
- Ceramics, group show, Center for Arts, New Delhi 1996
- Contemporary Indian Pottery, curated by Jyotsna Bhatt, Cymroza, Mumbai,1994
- Colours of Earth, contemporary Indian & British Ceramics, Lalit Kala Academy
- Pottery, group show, L.T.G., New Delhi 1992
- All India Studio Potters’ Exhibition, A.I.F.A.C.S, New Delhi 1992
- Contemporary Indian Pottery, Taj Art Gallery, New Delhi 1992
- Fourth Bharat Bhavan Biennial of Contemporary Art 1992
- Three Artists, Hutheesing Visual Arts Center, Ahmedabad 1991
- Ceramics, Group show, Indore 1990
- All India Studio Potters’ Exhibition, Cymroza Art Gallery Mumbai 1990
- Contemporary Indian Ceramics, Singapore 1989
- Ceramics, group show, Pundole Art Gallery, Mumbai 1989
- National Ceramic Camp, Kundra, Lalit Kala Academy Kerela 1998
- International Artists’ Camp, Lalit Kala Academy, Delhi 1997
- All India Studio Potters’ Workshop, Delhi Blue Pottery, Andretta 1994
- Padav, workshop of contemporary studio pottery & traditional terracotta artists from
all over India, National Museum of Man, Bhopal 1992
- Contemporary Studio Pottery Workshop by Jane Hamlyn Garhi Studio Delhi 1992
- Workshop with Traditional Terracotta Potters from Bastar, Bharat Bhavan 1990
- All India Studio Potters’ Camp, Bharat Bhavan Bhopal 1989
- Coordinated the International workshop on Traditional Indian Arts,
under Vasudha, Pachmarhi 1996
Awards All India Fine Arts And Crafts Society Award for Studio Pottery, 1989
Roopankar Bharat Bhavan Scholarship for Ceramics, 1988-89
All India Fine Arts And Crafts Society Award for Studio Pottery, 1992
All India Fine Arts And Crafts Society Award for Studio Pottery, 1994 & 96
Junior Research Fellowship, Ministry of Human Resources, 1996-97
Certificate of Merit, National Exhibition of Art, South Central Zone Nagpur, 1998
- Edited, the book Tribal Crafts of Madhya Pradesh, Mapin.
- Compilation of the Museum Bibliography on Living Indian Tradition of Pottery and Terracotta.
- Contribution to the book The Other Masters Crafts Museum, Delhi.
- Contribution to the book Lok Ka Alok, Marudhara Shodh Kendra, Bikaner.
- Contribution to the book Tribal Identity in India: Extinction or Adaptation, Bhopal.
- Detailed documentation of the Traditional Indian Pottery techniques.
- Collection and Compilation of ritual and recreational songs of Gond, Dewar,
Bhil, (M.P), Warli (Maharashtra), Rabari (Gujrat), tribes.
- Conceived and Visualized the open air exhibition Mythological Trail
on tribal myths, rituals and belief systems across India, at the National
Museum of Man, Bhopal
Short stories, memoirs, travelogues published in prominent Hindi journals.
Also regular contributions in the area of
serious features on the folk arts and craftsperson to various journals.
book reviews, translations of selected plays & film scripts